3.31.2010

memmi

PSH Jalto you totally missed the point of that last post!

Soy sauce jello: very weird. I used some Memmi (Japanese noodle soup base) last night to make the soy sauce jello for that Alinea recipe because it already has bonito extract in it, and I would prefer not to have fish flakes on top of my frozen mango.

Last Friday, I placed my metal pizza pan on top of dry ice to serve as a cheap alternative to an antigriddle. Mango puree in the shape of a ring, a drop of sesame oil in the middle, and VERY LITTLE of the soy sauce, pardon, memmi jello.

I like contrasting flavors in my food, but I never expected anything so sharp in distinction as I go from subtle mango (somehow pureeing the mango reduces the strength of its taste) to a smooth sesame and then punch-in-your-mouth salty sauce. Other people seemed to like it. I think they were just being kind.

In the ER on Wednesday, I was sitting for an old lady. Let's call her Marijuana. Old. Alone. Coughing so much. I kept getting her water and handing it to her, with a straw in the cup so that she could drink it- she had difficulty with her hands, controlling them.

My other cousins, aunt, and uncle are coming into town. More free dinners, MMM!

It's too warm for me to think and write. Another time, folks.

No comments: