6.27.2011

Dicotyledon

I prefer to believe that when my brother and I were born, our parents passed on to each of us qualities that split a complete personality into two.

My brother became the extrovert, extremely comfortable in social situations and able to mingle almost any person he ever came across.

On the other hand, I turned into an introvert, who enjoys spending more time thinking and exploring the innards of my mind than to waste my breath on banal conversation.

He received physical strength, excelling in athletics. By excel, I mean beating me at every sport we played together, even when I got onto the tennis team in high school.

My strengths lay in academics and the arts- I certainly drew better than him, and I played the piano with some skill before I quit in high school.

His concern in life now is slightly superficial in that he wants to generate as much income as he possibly can through his degrees earned.

My concern is to find fulfillment in the profession I choose to pursue. I want meaning. I want to make a contribution that permanently affects humanity. I want more than simplicity.

In these differences, I wonder if it makes happiness more easily attainable for my brother. He is in a relationship. I could care less to be in one now, or ever.

----- I fell asleep here. NO CLUE what I wrote about last night. -----

No comments: