9.18.2011

santos

Met a woman in the ED this morning who was fluent in Spanish, English, and Filipino (Tagalog).

She has been a Certified Nursing Assistant since 1963, according to her- she's 88 so far.

She also mentioned that she would often go to some nursing homes and teach the staff there how to wash people's hairs?

I was unable to hear a majority of her speech because for the life of me I could not understand some of the words coming out of her mouth.

What I believed I heard was that the first thing CNA's were taught in school was how to wash people's hairs. They also taught them other things that involved taking care of the patients, mainly bathing and cleaning them.

What a nice lady. My conversation with her was cut short when the Physician Assistant came in, but it was a relief to know that she was coming in only for wrist pain. The doctor recommended aspirin, but wrote her a prescription for stronger pain meds if she ever felt the need.

No comments: