7.20.2011

bandoneón

One perk about working in the science industry is being able to work from home.

I can embrace the shame whenever I want, and however many times I please.

Lunch time does not involve waiting for the entire group to mobilize. My stomach alone dictates the time and place for my meal as I watch Ally McBeal shamefully from the recesses of my apartment.

My choice of lunch is not hindered by lame dietary restrictions. Today I am having Korean leftovers, and "lovin' it."

My rate of cell counting to quantify an observed phenotype is faster with less efficient coworkers bugging me with questions about something as simple as cell counting, or mouse colony management, or even the location of items.

I can do it in my bed, I can do it while eating. Work has never been better.

I think I can see how people get into private practice in the first place, or ultimately end up choosing a lifestyle specialty. My previous notions about this selection were that the people entering those fields were weak and only concerned with money, but maybe they're just onto something that I haven't realized before.

Happiness seems to have a direct relationship with income, peaking at $75,000. If one can attain this with a cushy job, and still have time to do everything else- I guess you could term these activities hobbies- what's wrong with a little more time to yourself?

No comments: