7.17.2011

extreme couponing

... is exactly what I did yesterday at Safeway.

Billups had given me some coupons from his friend in Colorado, most of which was related to Stouffer's or Lean Cuisine meals.

All in all, I purchased 3 Buitoni ravioli boxes, all of which seem as though they will be tasty. There's the chicken and mushroom, beef and sausage, and shrimp and lobster ravioli combinations, along with a fettucine alfredo frozen dinner from Lean Cuisine, and a Hot Pocket creation. I think it was something like bacon with chicken and sausage- that type of variety.

I bumped my head into a sharp, hard corner in lab today. It feels as though my head is filling with blood. Every time I bump my head now, I'm always reminded of Natasha Richardson and her ski accident.

My life is fraught with nothing but death on my mind constantly. After some stop, you just wish the deaths would stop. Well, the unnecessary deaths, or the tragic ones.

Some doctor, in an instant, was thrown out of the window of the UCSF shuttle and died on the spot. It reminds me of that time when I was riding another UCSF shuttle from the VAMC to UCSF, just to spin virus down. A car had sideswiped us, but luckily he and I were just thrown to the floor of the shuttle. The only loss I encountered was that of my coffee flying all over the innards of the shuttle bus.

Am I crazy for signing up for the SF marathon? My body is nowhere near in condition to endure 5k, or 3.1 miles. Although R&D placed a wager that I wouldn't be able to run the thing in under 7 minutes per mile. For one, he does not know whether I am running a half-marathon or just the 5k. Maybe I can hustle him this way- a bet of $100 has been placed for this run in 2 weeks.

No comments: