7.20.2011

homestead

I went to this bar with Clare, Nants, Poorneel, Drab, and others.

The only reason Drab enjoyed this place was for their whiskey selection.

Why do I feel as though I've written this entry before?

In any case, the memory that's coming up to mind is that I ordered a drink for Clare and me. (Which brings up AnOTHER memory, and that is I have to repay Clare for the hotel and something else...) $190 still! Perhaps this weekend.

I'm ordering at the bar after this lady checks my I.D. Why I am still carded at my age, I do not know. Every time I look in the mirror, I do not believe that any person should mistake me as a minor anymore.

Regardless, I asked her what whiskeys she had that were nice. No, I asked Drab first what drinks he liked most here. He recommended some Jameson Whiskey. The lady behind the counter suggested 2 other brands, since they were out of that one for the night, so I agreed. She then followed up with another question, "Neat?" I had no idea what that meant- CLEARLY I am not a heavy drinker. I told her, "Sure?"

Not much to my surprise, I was presented with 2 shot glasses, filled 3/4 of the way with whiskey. I should have known neat meant not on the rocks, therefore NO ICE to dilute the alcohol in my drink, my drink of pure whiskey!

A warning to anybody who does not know of my tolerance: alcohol on my empty/emptied stomach does not lead to anything good afterwards.

No comments: