10.04.2009

fireflies

Dinner w/ Clare and Poorneel last night. The parts of the dinner that I liked most: Poorneel's duck, and the yogurt in my dessert. Wasn't too satisfied with the combinations that they threw together- it's something they could improve upon.

What am I afraid of?

I wonder if I have clinical depressions. I do have weird interests- I don't like the sun, prefer dark/stormy/cloudy/foggy weather, and I more often than not want to stay inside and just watch TV or read. Either that, or I just hate the outside world. Both are a possibility!

In social situations, I tend to hold back more with new people I meet. Self-defense mechanism? Maybe that's why I don't do so well in large settings, a result of me being very picky (as I am with food) with which people to befriend, and me not opening up. Still, I think with the set I have, I've made excellent choices.

Clare was asking me in the car last night about how my family was doing, and I was just going off about how my grandfather's doing better, regaining his weight. Then I get a phone call from my mom, telling me that he was rushed to the hospital. As much as I'm comfortable sharing my personal life with people, I really don't like being the person to bring down the atmosphere. Also, it's unnecessary to burden people with details about other people's families.

The advice I've been getting from everyone about med school (interviews) is to be more assertive, more certain. Hmm, probe on this in the next issue.

Duck: A-. Lamb: B. Salmon: B-. Cardamom yogurt/Mascarpone & Panna Cotta: B+. Everything else: C+.

Currently eating: pickled veggies (cucumber, daikon, carrots).

1 comment:

n l said...

Hi Jason--it's Nants in your pants.

I like your weird interests; I have similar. But I would say that sometimes I force myself to go out and I never regret it. I believe, as unpleasant as it sometimes, other people are good for mental health :)