10.04.2009

telegraph hill

So I'm talking to my labmate Mant about dreams, and her father, a psychologist (psychiatrist?), had one interpretation.

The people I dream about are only a fraction of me. The aspect that I perceive from them in my dream is in actuality only a part of my personality, reflective of some significant event in my life at that time.

Hmm, so what does this mean? With Drab it's usually awkward discomfort (presently his hair is terribly cut), and with Janey and Nants it's fighting and crying. With Danimals, it's "me" yelling at myself for making mistakes. Somehow... I don't believe this analysis.

It would go against everything I stand for if I agree to attend a medical school just because of one person. I think I just need to stop communicating with any/all of my med school friends.

Why do I sense that nobody's life around me is meaningful/rewarding in any sense? Is it because none of us are at the appropriate stage in order to exact change in our community, or is it just the specific professions we've chosen to pursue?

Lab activities are slowing down, which means many things for me. Free time to read my current set of purchased novels, and/or free time to work on secondary applications. Most likely I'll be doing the former, but I would like to have time for extracurricular activities that don't necessarily boost my resume, akin to what Kaiser is doing at the moment (attending concerts, taking drawing classes, exercising). Clare was probably alluding to this sort of thing in the car when he was driving me back to my apartment, but he was saying things in a nagging voice, so my brain shut him out.

My inference, after hanging out with Poorneel and Clare, is that everybody around me, not just my friends, has bad memory. This can be a good or bad thing. If you're one of those types of people who can retell a story several times but generate the same punch at the end, it's great for conversation or small talk at parties. The bad thing you might be getting early onset Alzheimer's or dementia. OH WELL!

No comments: