1.26.2010

spinal tap

Volunteered in the ER again last night.

Had the chance to observe Dr. Watts perform a lumbar puncture on a psych patient. Mmm, CSF.

Tried to speak Cantonese AND Mandarin to a patient's relative trying to explain to them that when the bone broke in one direction, you have to push it straight and then pull it in the opposite direction to over-correct it.

Delivered blood, CSF samples to the lab, some patient info to the 9th floor, where these nurses were surprised that a volunteer would work until midnight.

All the Asians and Hispanics down in the ER are SO nice to me!

Enjoyed the graham crackers, cranberry juice, apple juice, and orange juice in the break room.

Last night was also the night I have seen so many patients' underwears. It's like college all over again. Unpleasant, uncomfortable, and blinding to my vision.

When it rains, there seems to be a lot more patients in the ER. Don't know why.

Body is still sore from the accident Friday. Maybe my body's getting out of shock. My left temple hurts, the right side of my body is sore, and I'm more tired than usual. Aye.

Going to sit in on a class tonight. It's just one meeting- the rest will be online, which may not be such a bad thing.

No comments: