9.25.2010

elk tongue

In my head, I'm already creating a menu.

Seafood, soup, salad, chicken wings, pork belly, mango pudding.

Today was one of those rare days where I venture out of my comfort zone, that being lab.

Not having had a Vietnamese Banh Mi in a while, I set foot towards the outskirts of Irving's Chinatown, perusing the produce along with the cuts of meat at the Sunset Super. The fruits all look like they've grown larger since the last time I saw them- shows how little fruit I've eaten in the past month.

Skipping the healthy food, I walk into the sandwich shop the next block down. All I wanted was 3 combination sandwiches. What I got IN ADDITION to my order was the conversation b/t the two ladies working behind the counter. They were complaining about some girls using the bathroom the other day and causing up a stank afterwards.

I was so embarrassed, my face turned red, looking down with a stupid expression on my face. One lady just kept talking on and on about it while preparing my sandwiches, and the other lady laughed because she caught my facial expression.

My roommate is SO oversensitive.

My other labmate is SO emotional. As I was walking back to lab on the 16th floor, I caught her with her ex-boyfriend. She was crying. She was crying on Friday, she's crying today. The faucet never closes!

What's wrong with my lab?!?! Ugh.

No comments: