9.24.2010

wasps

It's weird finding out that a lab mate is clinically depressed.

Not that I'm stigmatizing her because of her condition. People hardly ever admit when they are depressed.

Although, it does explain a lot of things, but particularly the need for attention and positive reinforcement.

Kaiser's coming to visit her friends in the Yay Area- she'll be using SF as her hub to connect with all of them.

My lab mates want to meet her for some reason, trying to find her picture on Facebook during lunch. I'm concerned that some of them will hit on her if I ever brought her to lab. I know she gets all this attention in Houston, but my lab mates haven't even seen her yet. How is that possible???

Do people ever get nervous around friends, if they haven't seen them in a long time? I feel some slight pressure on my end, not only to make sure she has a fun time, but to make sure I don't look like a slob, which involves cleaning my apartment, my sheets, my room, worrying about how I present myself... should I be cooking for her while she stays in town? I've been so far removed from everybody, I don't know how friendships work anymore.

No comments: