3.03.2011

gusano

I feel I've been too selfish in my thinking. My time investment into science has separated me from the rest of the world.

Just now I read an article about how the U.S. needs to embrace flexibility if they want to stay as successful as they were in the 60s and 70s, when they began construction of highways, reforming education, etc.

Now it seems our programs are outdated (?), but parties on both sides are more likely to slash spending on education, technology, than they are to cut expenses in other areas. Even raising taxes seems unfavorable.

Maybe in a decade, I should move to Sweden, Germany, Japan, or China.

It's such an American thing to do: adjust conditions to benefit those in the present, yet never thinking about preparing for the future. If it's not a problem for people today, then they don't want to deal with it.

I feel as though this is how lab acts at times. Nobody wants to make it their problem.

No comments: