3.11.2011

public transit

Oh yeah.

I had a dream last night where I was riding the bus along Geary St. towards dance class.

I get off the bus, start walking to dance class, and as I enter the dance studio and try to put away my belongings in a locker, I notice that my backpack is missing.

Several items fly around in my head: my wallet, my cell phone, and my clothes for dancing.

I stand there contemplating whether it would be possible to catch the same bus with the same bus driver on the return trip.

Suddenly I'm waiting outside on the street and enter the same bus, with the same bus number, and the same bus driver. Once inside, I start walking down the aisles to find my backpack being clenched tightly to a girl's chest.

I ask her nicely if I can have my backpack back, because clearly it's worn and looks exactly like mine.

She gives me some lip, and since I apparently don't take crap from strangers, I being wailing my fist at her face repeatedly. As I kept punching away, the passenger next to her sitting still, I woke up and got ready for work.

No comments: