6.11.2009

kepler

Finalized my list. Was only going to apply to 10-12, but Janey recommended more. So my final list is 16, even though I have a top 10 list. Not going to settle! As Clare would put it? Yes, yes, I think this conversation was with Clare.

Why does everybody keep telling me I'm going to do fine?

Finally requested last LOR, from my Danimals. I hope 3 letters plus the committee letter will form a good opinion about me? All but the committee letter are from people I've known for more than 4 years, except for Dante.

Maybe I'll post my personal statement on my blog once I'm finished with it. I've been writing it on the bus every morning. I have 12 topics that I could possibly use; if I used all of them, it would form a really cohesive story. Unfortunately, I'm only allowed 5300 characters. Blah.

Astronomy, still amazing. Homework seems useless, but the guy always has interesting stories, and everyday he comes in wearing a shirt with the solar system on it, or constellations. Hilarious black fellow.

Yesterday we talked about one of the early astronomers... Tycho Brahe! Really funny hearing about how back in the day, mathematicians would get into heated arguments, to the point where they would duel with swords over who was right. Tycho Brahe ended up losing his nose- the duel was held at night in black shadow- and attached a gold one to replace it. Sadly, he died from the mercury poisoning, along with his exploding bladder. Someone confirm this.

No comments: