7.23.2009

soshite

Walking to the bus stop this morning, and a lady in front of me was doing her early running with her dog. A few minutes after looking at her, she immediately slipped on something and fell on her ass. I guess my mojo's back? Cloud of bad luck is growing around me mmm.

In any case, I asked if she were okay and offered my hand- to help her up, NOT in marriage. Never marriage BLEGH!

Gotta do laundry tonight and the pack before heading to LA. Apparently Poorneel's lab- which I didn't think he'd choose this early in the game- is having a happy hour, which I hope doesn't involve me embarrassing myself. It's a huge lab. 20+ people. Ahhh. But it'll be nice to talk to lab members, ask about UCLA's graduate and medical schools.

Gramma's house is gonna be crowded this weekend. My cousin's family (4) is already taking up the pullout couch and one bed. Although, my other cousin, who usually sleeps in that bed, is coming back from San Diego, and I'll also be there. Oy. Hope I don't have to stay at my brother's place.

Why am I breaking out again?! What's the stressor this time...

Sometimes I feel like petting my PI on the head. Is that weird?

Finished inoculating a culture this morning (the flask is cloudy, Janey!), centrifuged the cells (there's a pellet, Janey!), and emptied the liquid/froze down the cells in the -20 C fridge to isolate/purify plasmids later. I do recall getting a pellet even last time. I wonder what happened?

Anyway, off to Parnassus to learn confocal microscopy! Mmm.

No comments: