7.28.2009

loukoumades

This guy waiting at the same bus stop as me had very beautiful, nicely trimmed blonde hair. So I followed him, only because he was coincidentally walking in the same direction towards my apartment. Turns out, he lives right around the corner from me, on the same block. Yes I know I have an unhealthy obsession with blondes.

I got a free cheesecake today! Even though I don't like cheesecake. After lab, I went to Jack in the Box to get my 2 tacos (for $1.49 now?!) and a sourdough jack, but I was waiting 10 minutes while everybody else after me was getting their order. Eventually, the workers there just gave me a slice of cheesecake for free for causing me to wait.

It's been fun with the Spanish rotation student. And she likes menudo too! Another newbie will be joining the lab on Monday. Mmm!

Went to LA over the weekend, hung out with Poorneel. HUGE place. Had fun with his lab mates- very attractive postdocs, but all the grad students there wear more makeup than at other places. Also more bottle blondes- not so attractive.

Also got free money in the mail today! I don't know why!

Will post pictures of grandparents' birthday celebration later. Gotta prepare a lab powerpoint presentation for tomorrow ughhhh.

Probably should return to blogging more than twittering. My readership has also decreased, so now I can resume talking shit about everyone, return to my comfortable niche of cynicism.

New goal in life: to be a better chef than Thomas Keller.

No comments: