8.19.2011

bitter dreams

+1.

1 more dream about R&D. Sigh.

This time, it involved a bed.

He was laying in bed, and I needed a place to sleep.

The dream first began with me walking around a neighborhood reminiscent of the setting from the Prince of Persia videogames, where we would travel around on rooftops, walking past several restaurants clustered nearby.

I was traveling with a friend from high school, who used to do CosPlay (and still does, I believe), and we could not decide on a restaurant in which to dine. Eventually, we picked some place in an obscure corner hidden by the other structures. It felt like Thai food... no, I couldn't taste it for some reason in my dream; there was just this feeling of spicy and sweet lingering around in the air.

During our post-dinner walk, I probed her with questions concerning her personal life. The only question that seemed to put her on edge was the one about her husband. She at once became despondent, not wanting to comment further on that part of her life.

In any case, I returned to a room, and R&D was laying there. Someone had already occupied the floor. Being a queen- to king-size bed, I had commanded him to move over so that I could rest on the other half of the bed. In no mood to argue, he continued to bring up excuses as to why I couldn't have that side. Not that I was eager to share a bed with him, as that made me extremely uncomfortable.

Eventually he gave in, and we were sleeping head-to-toe, but this wasn't where the dream ended. He tossed and turned, turned right onto my body- his hairy skin contacted mine, sending shivers up my spine. My problems with intimacy immediately revealed itself on my face, red with embarrassment.

The feeling of trying to even be hugged by R&D pushed my consciousness above the subconscious, back into the comforting reality and emptiness of my own bed.

Suffice to say, I need to find a way to eliminate the possibility of these dreams ever happening again.

No comments: