8.09.2011

soul man

Easy listening for one is how I would describe the album Drab gave me for my birthday not so long ago. Not so long ago... is 4 years not a long time? Easy commitment, as Clare told me.

The new landlady scheduled an appointment from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM today for the apartment to be heated so that most animal and/or life-forms should not survive. She hired an exterminator to come treat our recurring bedbug problem. Well, not MY bedbug problem, but the problem that's pervasive to the second floor of the house. Anyhow, pest control is placing heaters within every person's room, setting the temperature to 140 degrees Fahrenheit for the entire day. In theory, this is the most effective, yet costly, method of dealing with bedbugs.

I went through my secret boxes and various drawers/containers to remove photos from the living quarters, as the landlady said that they would melt at that temperature. This situation was interesting- I had to choose which belongings to take with me to essentially preserve.

What was most important to me at the time? My passport, licenses, checkbooks, and other government-issued identification. Alongside that, I packed into my shoe bag postcards from Kaiser, and this cd from Drab.

"Love Songs for Siu: Round Inside." To reiterate, the cover detailed 2 hearts encircling both of our heads, with embarrassing facial expressions directed towards each other. On the inside cover is a 17-track listing of songs, and at the bottom is the word "FOREVER," in all-caps, with the letter 'o' being replaced by a heart. UGH!

Hold on a minute. That's not the end of it. On the CD itself, Drab has written, "Siu to You my Love," and on the bottom, "Love Songs from Brad."

I suppose the terrible handwriting could be attributed to his sinister nature, but aren't there lefties in the world with excellent handwriting? I suppose right-handedness of hand doesn't say much, since R&D is a righty, but his writing is terrible in form.

Synthesizers all in my head! Excellent!

Where was I going with this? I think I was trying to warm up so that I would spend time writing other things.

Adios.

No comments: