8.17.2011

plaid and sand

11/18/11. 7:38 PM. That was when my grandfather passed away.

The following Thanksgiving WAS pretty grim, considering we spent almost the entire week mourning his loss through the funeral, the procession, and the rituals to cleanse or free his spirit from this plane of existence.

I have finished now 2 of the 3 essays required for my application. Later tonight I will be working on the Significant Research Experience section, which SHOULD be the easiest essay to fill out. However, this time, I would like my essay to replicate story time. I want to compose an essay that explicitly details the rationale behind the project, why it is important, and its implications or contributions to the current body of knowledge. I hope I can convey that through 10,000 characters. I should be able to, if afforded that much space.

Once I finish that extensive report, I should revise my activities section. The medical student that is still rotating in our lab, even though he is on preceptorship, offered the advice that I should briefly describe the activity, state my involvement, and what I learned or got out of that experience. I really hope that I don't have to related these activities to why I want to do medicine- that would just come off, again, as cheesy to me.

Ugh, R&D is back from Mission Bay. And I was so productive, too, today during his absence.

For volunteering, which I will attend at 5:00 PM, I have been wearing these same black "dress" slacks from H&M. Stiff as cardboard, they finally ripped a month ago at the bottom, where I roll them up so that they do not drag along the ground. The seams are bursting everywhere- in the crotch region and at the knees.

The person with whom I used to volunteer has moved finally to Larkspur? It might have been Alameda... just when I thought my memory had never been better, it fails me.

Okay, enough of this writing break. Time to return to my other writings.

No comments: