8.10.2011

Jose Ole

Nothing of note tonight in the Emergency Department. It was certainly filled with several residents and medical students. Even the medical students themselves state that the nurses are nicer. I wonder why. What is it about the medical field that turns it into a clique?

I barely even traversed the hallway when a resident, upon eyeing me, starts pulling the curtain ever closer towards the doorframe, obscuring the patient from my view. Isn't learning a privilege? Why would a person revoke another person's right to be educated?

Afterwards, all I saw was somebody on the bus whose facial profile/silhouette reminded me of Drab. Nothing particularly fascinating about his face strikes me; I just notice details in people for some odd reason.

what's the most exciting part of my day? When I emailed my biochemistry professor from San Francisco State, asking for a letter of recommendation, she replied that she indeed remembered me. It's nice to know that you have a lasting impression in someone's mind, even if it has been 2 years since you last communicated with them. I honestly did enjoy her class, too, even if I were really bad at it.

No comments: