8.20.2011

coke girl

After going through multiple iterations of what is essentially the same thing, I am left wondering a few things:

Am I a good person?
Is this path worth it?

If I had to guess, I would think that doctors think about these two questions as the number of years increases. Once school begins, the countdown also starts. Time is the investment, and the return you get is increasing doubt, leave alone debt.

What factors, then, keeps one afloat in this turbulent sea? Confidence, or optimism?

There are cases where some people fall off board and opt for one degree. Where is the commitment? Does that only happen to the commitment-phobes, or do they suddenly reflect on who they were and what they have become, only to realize that what they see in the mirror is no longer a reflection of themselves?

Hope is what I stow away inside, in my own hiding place, to help push me towards the future. That hiding place is different from the one where I lock up my emotions.

No comments: