11.11.2008

bulgeon noeul

Words cannot express the fondness I have for my lab group.

My coworker, Catherine of Aragon, was going to treat me to dim sum in the morning for breakfast before embarking on the sailboat. No dim sum places were open at the time, so instead we had an all-American breakfast at a nifty 50s diner. Her treat, which made it all the more tastier.

Then we drove over in her car to Sausalito, where the boat was docked. The lab group there had already downed 4 mimosas per person, pulling out beer bottles when the champagne ran dry.

Overcast skies, free lunch (cream cheese bagel + lox + capers, fruit tarts, veggie tarts, Spanish cheese and bread), wonderful views of the bay, and interesting conversation with my labbies.

Someone was calling mayday though, somewhere between SF and Hawaii. Yeah, not really rescuing that person, since it would take days before reaching him.

UGH! But my face turning red after ONE mimosa! It wasn't even 4 ounces!!!

And the tequila. OH MY GOD. The smoothest tequila I have ever downed, which makes me wonder if I were supposed to drink it as a shooter. Don Julio Reposado. MMM, my prejudices against tequila have been lifted.

I'll post pictures later. Test tomorrow. Complete bullshit.

D.C. in two days. I would LIKE to book a shuttle to get to as close to Janey's apartment as possible, except that slutface is never online anymore. Probably at some Puerto Rican immuno conference or something. She better bring back good alcohol. Also going to meet up with Nilk. Predictions- both he and Janey are getting shitfaced drunk on her bday, and I'll have to deal with his high-pitched laughter and her touchy-feeliness. My solution to avoiding that will be to get more shitfaced drunk than them, which should be easy with my defective aldehyde dehydrogenase.

No comments: