11.06.2008

jurassic

Even the manga site I visit is trying to take down for-Prop 8 ads. Kudos.

Immunostaining today. The bench work was tedious but seeing the pretty colors under the microscope was exciting. My PI also gave me permission to rebel in his lab if I find a better technique somewhere, or if I come up with one myself while tinkering with the experiment. And then he said that at some point, I'll have enough techniques at my disposal to design my own experiment and run it. On my own!

Better start drafting during Christmas vacation.

Skipping class isn't so great when you have a paper due, and you have no idea what the guidelines for the paper are. Good thing it's an optional turn-in of the first draft. Writing papers- more tediousness in the life of a scientist.

My PI guarantees that I'll have a paper due for publication before I apply to med school. Exciting?!

Personal observation- nicer towards Nants than I am to Janey.

Janey's bday present- save me money and... write her a long letter?! Ugh, this means I'd have to actually think about writing it, and then write it before I fly over to D.C. next Friday.

Oh yes, I'll be in D.C. next Friday. It could be nice seeing Janey and Nilk again. It could be a disastrous day/night as well, since I'll be tired from the red-eye flight, dropping my luggage off at Janey's place, then heading over to SfN, having a dinner-date with Nilk afterward, and finally having to deal with Janey's bday bash, drinking with her bf and friends. It's going to be a LONG day.

Decided not to back out of Carl's Jr.'s birthday invitation, so I guess I'll be doing something on a Friday night for a change. Ugh, I'll have to deal with Clare finally after what, 2 or 3 months?

No comments: