11.25.2008

upholstery

So a girl has drapes and a carpet (hopefully they match in color), but what/where exactly would be the upholstery?

Crap. So I listed 8 friends on my employment form, even though I'm only VOLUNTEERING at this place. Jeezus. Why do they even need to do an extensive background check when I've been doing stuff here for the past 2 months. Fingerprinting as well?!

So ANYWAY, a warning to all that were listed on my sheet- you're either going to get a letter in the mail that you have to fill out and confirm that I was living at said residence and/or am an upstanding/outstanding citizen. I have faith that my friends will do the right thing, except when it comes to food. Yeah, that comment's probably going to screw me over. Oh well!

Ended up having to track people's old addresses through google maps (thank goodness they save your searches). Also ended up having to call Clare and Nants, both of whom sounded surprised that I would call them on a Tuesday. Yes, I was also surprised at having to call people randomly.

Finally tried the food in the "canteen." Umm, it was alright... The macaroni salad was overtly sweet, which I don't think is how macaroni salad is usually made? The spicy chicken and bacon sandwich was a cross between a Subway sub and better quality meat.

The one thing that works at work is gChat, so I spend half of the time doing stuff, and the other half bugging Janey.

No comments: