11.01.2008

aril

Has anyone developed a mathematical model for the way raindrops slide down a window?

San Francisco, around this time of year, suits my personality. Some study shows that body temperature may have an effect on how your mood is.

Darkness can be a good thing.

Finally figured out how to eat a pomegranate. Luckily, I only purchased two from the store. I'm not a bird; I got tired of chewing seeds after the 1000th one.

Teenagers and adults wearing shitty costumes the day before. What bothered me yesterday was seeing this kid with his father inside Walgreens. I was in there getting batteries for my calculator, and was browsing through items in the candy aisle, and the father was trying to get a makeshift costume for his child to wear on Halloween. For the most part, the son just acted as if he were embarrassed to be there with his own dad. It didn't seem like he earned that much money, either, seeing as how he was shopping for a costume at Walgreens. The kid, he just didn't respond to any of his dad's questions about what he would want to wear for the night. What I read from the situation is that the child seemed ashamed of being there with his father, and resentful that he isn't at a more expensive store buying a better costume to impress strangers on an excuse for a holiday, where adults need to find a superficial reason to get trashed/have sex with strangers, and childhood obesity is encouraged through consumption of high doses of sugar. Which might not be so great considering more people are giving away poisoned candy and razor blades. Digression. What an ungrateful brat. Maybe he should go to work one day with his father to see how hard it really is to earn a living and take care of a family.

Do you ever just get tired of starting over? What would bother you more, a life of constancy, or a life spent having to rebuild everything from the ground up?

My parents called me today. My dad asked me if I missed home. Is it wrong if you choose not to care about anything/anyone? Would it be wrong if you really didn't have a choice?

When do you know that it's the right time to give people up? Or is it give up on people? Do you ever wonder if you tried hard enough? If you cling to the people in your past, you lose the chance to move on to the people in your future. When do you let go?

It's not that relationships have to end on a sour note. They can just end.

I like rainy days. Conflicted on whether or not I should write an email to a friend.

Less people ride the bus on rainy days.

1 comment:

MattPatt said...

Believe it or not, the problem of a sliding drop is actually computationally kind of difficult, as it depends rather sensitively on the drop size and composition, the roughness of the surface, etc. This is one of those things that's easier to probe experimentally than to model from first principles.