5.14.2009

dysentery

AHHHHH!!! My Danimals offered me a job today! The one unexpected thing was him asking me what salary I would want so that I could live comfortably in SF.

I called my parents later today- why did I expect not to get a lecture from my Dad? And then my Mom tried to guilt trip me into wanting her to come see me. Yeah, she's coming to stay with me. For a MONTH! Even worse, my lab group wants me to bring her around to lab sometime and introduce her to everyone. Ughhhhhh.

No wait. Even worse, I got so excited, I even started an email to Drab about the good news before I stopped myself. Ugghhhh gross. I have become the needy person that I hated about everyone else.

Danimals tells me that it might be hard to get into med school, and that I might not even like it, in reference to the seeing 40-50 patients per day in a clinical setting. He also said that even if I've researched for 2+ years now, there wouldn't be a significant advantage to my application unless I included an abstract of a bound-to-be published paper.

This is probably one of those times where I would be freaking out again, except I need to finish a paper tonight/start studying for finals.

3 comments:

Josh said...

Just don't be a practicing Dr. then...I know plenty of research docs that are much happier not running around spending 5 minutes with each patient.

X X said...

Woohoo! ...right?

Jing said...

How much are you getting paid to live comfortably in SF?

Research doesn't add too much to an application, I've found. Even with a publication and a bunch of conferences. Unless you're pursuing MD/PhD.