3.15.2009

béchamel

Would it be wrong to scare my PI if both of us happen to be in lab on the weekend?
--------
Fuck yes! FINALLY, the stupid reagents from Affymetrix have arrived and now my project can continue. Choo choo!

I want dim sum...

Tried making lasagna last night. It called for this weird Bechamel sauce, which just seemed like a cheap substitute for manicotti. I don't even know if it's healthier- you mix tons of butter with flour and dashes of nutmeg/salt/pepper, then spread it along with the meat mixture between pasta layers.

Results- I failed! The pasta was undercooked! UGH!!!

Also geeked out last night from finding out how to input Spanish vowels on a Mac. SO much easier than PC. Don't assume I'm promoting Apples because of this. Considering a move back to PC's after my MacBook breaks down.

Recent annoyance: the new Tylenol ads. It bothers me when friends yawn without covering their mouths. Nobody wants to see that far into your mouth! Now the new ads have really big heads yawning through their really huge mouths.

Hmm 4 PM. Time to look at more schools in the MSAR. Sigh.

Made the decision to apply to MSTP programs as well. Am I making the right choice? Staying in school for how much longer... forEVVVVEER!

No comments: