3.22.2009

meritocracy

I'm supposed to be starting my personal statement this week, so that I could send that out along with other information to the people doing my letters.
------
...I can see why people put off writing the personal statement until the last minute. Why medicine?!

How can someone's motivation be considered a better reason than others?

-----

So I've been lazy posting.

What was I going to reply to... OH YEAH EW to the staring at buttcrack, MattPatt!

Got to watch tons of mice perish today. Heads flying all over the place. 8 were slain to extract cortical and miscellaneous cells. Another 6 fell in battle to be sectioned in the cryostat.

How am I going to make myself a more competitive applicant... applications suck. I was talking to Drab a few weeks ago when I went to see his lab. Being a grad student, it seems he doesn't have to worry about all that paperwork anymore- the application, letters of recommendation, standardized test scores. All he has to do now is publish. Or die.

Less blogging, more practice problems. And membrane biochemistry.

No comments: