4.12.2009

bissap baobab

Senegalese food.

Dinner with Clare and Drab.

Observations... Drab still hadn't cut his hair, Clare was wearing a nice green shirt, Drab's arm is substantially hairy, Clare's are significantly smoother, Drab's standing stance has become a bit feminine.

What grade do I give this place... B+ for the appetizers, B- for the main dish, and C- for the dessert. I suppose if I do a weighted average: B-/B, still.

The waitress recommended that I get this lamb in vegetable sauce. It was sour, the sour taste overwhelming the moderate quality meat, placed next to two scoops of rice that was boiled in too much water. The appetizer that Clare ordered was far better than my main dish; the appetizer that Drab ordered consisted of overcooked plantains and too mild of a tamarind dipping sauce. The dessert I decided to try was a yogurt (Tchaikry?) laden with bits of couscous, raisins, nutmeg, and some other spices that made eating the whole damn cup a challenge.

What did I learn about those two: Clare's trying to better himself, and Drab's still a horny mofo. Ugh, I probably shouldn't have shared my spoon with him. Who knows who his mouth's been in. Ewww.

Although, it was nice of Drab to buy my beer for me, and for Clare to pay for my dinner.

No comments: