4.03.2009

boomeritis

SO unbecoming of me.

Lab's been picking up again. I've tagged onto one of Danimals' projects, so I've been relearning the art of Western blots, Coomassie stains, annnnd messing up while doing those.

Had Indian food for journal club today. I don't know HOW my lab mates can enjoy really spicy food. DEAR LORD, a few seconds after eating their dishes, my tummy started burning the fire of a thousand suns.

Even more disturbing, Danimals and Benihana looooove zombie movies. Ugh, I bet they would have gotten along with my old roommates just fine. Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, EVEN Shaun of the Dead. Benny's has it next on his netflix queue. WHY?!?!?

I'm getting the feeling that the new rotation student will more likely pick another lab instead of ours, mainly due to the way he continues to speak about the research going on in the other lab. Crossing my fingers... is that wrong, to not want someone in my lab?

ALSO, now that the grad student is in our lab, Danimals now offers HIM rides home. No more awkward car rides for me. What is this odd feeling, and why am I feeling it? Jealousy. See, nothing good ever happens out of getting close to people. Intimacy. I need to invent a bug spray for that affliction.

No comments: