4.28.2009

stochastic

Science blows my mind. 1st came physics, then came chemistry, and finally biology in the baby carriage.

My current tiny obsession is black holes. Event horizons. SO GOOD!

Perhaps Clare was right about me focusing my blog towards a specific topic, even though it seems like the actor's equivalent of a pigeonhole.

Well science has been preoccupying my mind. I'm just going to ramble off a list of things. If any of you have answers, by all means.

What regulates histone/chromatin modifiers?

Is there a specific "clock" gene that instructs stem cells to differentiate at a specific point, after a certain number of cell divisions?

Could cell specification in neural stem cells mirror that of hematopoeisis? With the subsequent binding of cell adhesion molecules, the cell may finally stop at that location and undergo cross-talk/signaling with its neighboring cells to receive a program to differentiate. Then, could the cell travel to its final destination through signaling molecules, morphogens, etc.? Hmm, this could be a possible collaboration with Janey, since she's so into immuno research. Although I think her favorite area was the thymus or T cells...

Going to read more "The Singularity is Near." Blows my mind!!!

No comments: