4.26.2009

chateaubriand

Dim sum Sunday with Clare. And Drab...

Dim sum place next to Tong Palace, not so great. The service was bad, possibly because we arrived there towards the end of the brunch shift, but still, the food had no kick, no excitement. Good thing I had a stomachache- I probably would have tried to order more in order to fill my stomach.

Clare picked me up first, before we headed over to Drab's place. Once we got there, we started walking up the street trying to figure out where Drab's apartment was located, but it turned out that he found Clare's car before we were able to find him. Clare and I headed back down the hill towards the car, only to find Drab standing in the middle of the road.

At first glance, I immediately noticed he had cut his hair, but who?! Upon closer examination, it looked like he had taken a shower before meeting up with us, the front seemed to have been cut an appropriate length, but the sides and ESPECIALLY the back were of a poor design. Later on during dim sum, Drab told us that his roommate Peter Pan had been the one at that murder scene. Soft, but rough around the edges. Although, it was nice seeing that he had finally cut his hair after all this time.

Clare's clothing style seems to have toned down since college. Today it was the typical blue and gray long-sleeved shirt, khakis, and Jack Purcells. Very normal. Hmm, I've just realized that I left his skinny jeans in the back of his car. So much for borrowing them. Oh well. Drab was wearing this weird, knit, red long-sleeved shirt, although I did approve of the jeans. If I had to guess, they were probably Levi's.

Headed out to dim sum, before grabbing boba tea along Clement. My honeydew boba was decent, considering my stomachache still lingered. Then we had to go drop off Drab since he wanted to head back to lab. The backyard was cluttered, the puzzle looked interesting, his room looked filthy. Drawers open, empty beer can lingering on the table. What was new, though, was this dark wooden IKEA frame he bought for his bed. Upon closer glance, if you just focused on the headboard, it looked very much like a more comfortable park bench.

Later on, Clare and I headed out to Dolores Park to meet up with his high school friends, to see off Carl's Jr. before he flies to New York. 'Twas nice, just sitting, bumming around, not doing anything productive. Like being a kid again. Also getting sick from having ice cream, like a kid again.

Invitation to a Wilco and/or Deerhoof concert. Hmm.


It's a see-through face!

No comments: