4.04.2007

chattanooga hoochie

kai shek... calling me at lab... distracting me from cooling down my gel so that i can run my samples... oh well... i was surprised that she knew what a loquat was, unlike everybody else. reminded her of her dad's place, i guess, with loquat trees all over.

oh tina t...

maybe i'll go to church for easter. commercialized easter- the chocolates and peeps and other candies... so gross.

planning on passover dishes- kong xin cai and asparagus... i can't use soy sauce, can't use bean curd... ugh, this is why nobody should ascribe to any religion- dietary restrictions on a few days out of the entire year- what a waste of time. i'm sure people would be much happier eating whatever they want, ANY time of the year. but it's ok, since i've found some dishes/sauces that don't infringe upon these ludicrous rules.

crossing my fingers and hoping that i get the expected genomic bands with my primers. here's to hoping.

in the meantime, i'll be reading up on my chinese cookbook, or complications- a medical book written by some doctor about things going amiss in surgery? i should probably read up on the guys' website for ucsf- i've only looked at the links concerning living there, transportation, pubs; nothing about the research, protocols, transgenics. at least i'd get to work with mice this time and kill them myself as opposed to letting the other people in lab hand me an eppendorf vial with the tail DNA.

holy jeez is Lu balding?! mathew also looks very child-like in his pictures, not that that's a bad thing.

1 comment:

Jing said...

No, Lu is not balding. He has a lot of hair but it sticks out funny, and he just cut it. send me bs paper.