4.19.2007

in the park

drab amuses me, in a drab way. the back of his head was bothering me, though. i really want to just cut his hair, outline the bottom part since i didn't have a buzzer at the time. clarence's too. that was also bothering me. start hacking away.

Zapp's chips. I may have to stockpile them before going elsewhere. I don't know if the kettle-cooked chips wherever I go could match the caliber of the Dill-flavored or Cajun Crawtators of Zapp's potato chips.

new restaurant venture: Rajin' Cajun (i think that's how it's spelled). Dinner date with two buds. Topic of conversation? hah. girls. what do girls like to talk about? i was surprised. anyhow, moving on to the more important matter- food. For $19.02, you can get a fried seafood combo with two pieces of spicy corn and a honey cornbread. the fried seafood basket consisted of fried: oysters, shrimp, catfish, and stuffed crab- all laid over a bed of fries. Fried food- there really isn't a distinction between their "homemade" recipe and other fried food that I've had before. It tasted the same, but my-oh-myra's etoufee was alright, considering that my only experience with that type of cajun cuisine was from the servery. what else do they have? po-boys, stacks of yearbooks, cases of beer. fun time.

eating food while naked- in actuality, doesn't measure up to the mere thought of it.

i sometime wonder if i have thrown away my education. I worked hard freshman year, and then there was this struggle from then on- lack of motivation, family ordeals, drama with specific people. I don't think I ever got it back until now, whatever you call it: inspiration, motivation- an actual desire to do something productive/meaningful with my life.

people from the CIA bothering me while I was on the crapper. they want me to apply by May and get great deals on financial aid, but I have not fulfilled their minimum requirements of 6 months of food preparation. and that's the shittiest part of the job in the back of the kitchen. my relatives do that. It seems rather monotonous.

the land before time- the first one, and only the first one. don't pay attention to the 9 other movies.

If science classes taught what was up and coming and relevant, I might pay more attention in class. It's a shame I never took the ones that involved discussions about research articles in journals- it seems more productive than learning about mundane biochemical processes. Sure, it's good to have a background in each area, but the articles themselves are probably too specialized/technical. There's too many fields you can get involved in to fully comprehend science. How i see things, anyway.

Things to do before graduation- attending the menil would be one of them. oh yes, and dealing with my future. i'm sure that's important somewhere. goodnight. bitches.

2 comments:

Josh said...

A proposition: cut my hair, and I'll help w/ your future. Deal?

Josh said...

And also, every real career has monotonous parts that the underlings must pass through.

They don't call it scutwork for nothin'!