5.30.2007

cao xue qin

i found this book called the story of the stone in one of my old boxes the other day- boxes encasing my entire undergraduate education. it's still very much incomplete. i threw the book back in the box. i have time for only one book at a time. i also found a box with catch-22 and miscellaneous books to be perused.

i need to upload more songs onto my ipod. it's filled with abba right now, and most of their pop songs talk about love, which makes me think about people that i don't want to think about during my summer at home, soon-to-be summer not at home.

good riddance, parents. i'm choking. i swear. the only instances in which i got sick this semester were due to stress- one from school, and the other from my parents.

i tried this betty crocker recipe that infuses the taco concept into jumbo pasta shells. only i made a fatal mistake- i forgot to cook/blanch the pasta shells. ugh. the other day, too, i made the xiaolongbao. i blame my cousins for this error. they wrapped the meat in too much dough. hence no soup. hence too thick.

my journalism friend has decided to intern in SA or take the job in austin, possibly marry his gf that he found in Spain studying abroad this semester if things turn out well.

i like typing- the crunching of the keys particularly.

i played tennis today with my two cousins. they hit 6 of the 9 balls that i brought over the fence. i hate the sun. i've been enjoying the weeklong days of rain. it HAD to be sunny today.

i've finished writing my thank you note for the graduation gifts. now i have to write a chinese version. the english version took me 10 minutes. i wrote 5 chinese sentences in an hour. stupid chinese grammar.

my dad saw the mail that i've been receiving from the CIA. i told him i wanted to go to culinary school. i wasn't sure if he was being serious or sarcastic, but he said something along the lines of, "fine. go ahead. i need someone to take over the restaurant anyway." i'm going to infer that that's the green light.

3 comments:

Jing said...

i <3 Cao Xueqin... The Story of the Stone is an amazing piece of work. You should read it next - though it is 5 books long...

Josh said...

Whatever you need to get cooking I approve of. When are you coming to see me in Houston?

X X said...

I'm reading through it now....even though I should have done it like three times during my undergraduate years.

Wow, that sounds weird.