5.29.2007

you've got the best of my hate

i WOULD be investigating the genetics and chemistry of myeloid leukemia. WOE IS ME. i called today and ended up talking to her personal assistant. even my PI didn't have an assistant handling his phone calls. whatever. if only i had taken the job friday. oh well. i applied to some more yesterday. no worries.

the work would have dealt with breeding/maintaining/handling mice, collecting mouse blood/bone marrow samples, irradiating/transplanting mice, and culturing mouse bone marrow.

intern: a doctor's initiation. yeah, i've about had it with the doctor's books for now. although i do read through them pretty quickly. i've gone through 60 pages of the how doctors think in an hour around 2/3 in the morning.

alright, i will write more. although i can't right the wrongs of today.

starting with the assistant answering my call and the doctor not returning her calls, i later on drove over to my cousin's house to pick him up. SO i decided that i would just drive straight towards the bird, thinking that the miniscule house sparrow would be smart enough to fly up, up, and away to safety. i give birds too much credit. my car went right over the bird- not the wheels, just the middle of my car. i didn't know really what happened underneath, but as i left my cousin's house with cousin in tow, i retraced my steps along the road to find the bird. there it was, lifeless, with one wing sticking up from it's rigor mortis, lifeless body. i was half-laughing, half-shocked. i dropped off my cousin later tonight and found the bird again. only, it was a flattened, bloody pancake this time.

don't feel like dancing. oh scissor sisters. SO IRONIC. giggles. my cousin's like rap. they're weird.

something i've NEVER done before until tonight. my cousins wanted to try something new- so typical of them. anywho, there's actually that/viet/kore/japa restaurants in this town. they wanted to try thai. we did. and when we started to leave, i reached into my pocket to find my keys, but they weren't there. i retraced my steps to the restaurant, but the keys weren't anywhere around the table. then i walked back outside, and there it was: my pair of keys laying on the dash INSIDE the car! AGH! i can't believe i locked myself out of my own car. thankfully there were spares at home, and i made my mom drive all the way out there- well, it was just down the street from the restaurant- to let me use the extra keys to open the car doors. i've never done that in houston; who knows what would have happened if i left my keys in my car during college. jesus.

oh nants, i have all this mcat crap lying around my house if you want it. and dirrtier dvd sets to upset your mother's sensibilites.

oh no. dawn of mana received such a poor rating.

you know what's it's time for? another round of BASH wait, wait don't tell me!!! that's right! a week has passed, and with the passing of one week comes another episode of NPR's highly acclaimed show (acclaimed by the disillusioned).

haha. jalto, you do realize that i say mean things frequently. more frequently than nice things. are you sure you still want me to comment on your blog?

1 comment:

X X said...

Hell yeah I want you to comment on my blog. I know what you think of me.