5.26.2007

large palms

i obsess too much. about people.

where is this job for? at one of my top picks for a medical education.

of course i know the starting salary should be higher- i need figures/numbers. yeesh.

i have time to read the news. the only time i ever picked up a newspaper in college was to do the NYT crossword puzzles. i still haven't been able to finish the saturday/sunday ones. too much trivia. although i am obsessed with obscure random shit that not many people know about.

rob livingston- the office space guy.

so what do i choose to read about now that i have free time? the captain in NASA going back to the navy after his love-triangle. the internet guy committing suicide in an online chat room. the contact lens solution recall (Complete?).

one topic in particular interested me the most: top colleges encouraging social mobility and aiding the socioeconomically disadvantaged. but i prefer not to debate about it for now.

almost done with the better book. that would be two books since graduation; two books in two weeks; 500+ pages of reading in 14 days. i've probably done more reading from books these two weeks than i have senior year. my next venture is a classic/fictional novel. les miserables, three musketeers, books of that cohort.

my mom gave me a handful of pills to swallow. she then proceeded to give me her milk. so i took the medicine with the milk. a minute later she asked what happened to her milk? i yelled at her, saying that she gave it to me with which to take my medicine. she disagreed. she asked, "when did i give you MY milk? i handed you water!"

she's getting old. i woke up this morning and found the front door unlocked, and she was pacing back and forth from the mailbox to the front doorstep. weirdo.

i feel like slapping her, AND nants' mom. sex, drugs, and violence- are you kidding me?!

4 comments:

Jing said...

why slap nancita's mom? i am out of the loop. bring me back in!

good classical fictions... hmmm. I really enjoyed Count of Monte Cristo... by Dumas. I liked Great Expectations, Siddhartha (remember i wanted to give this book to Julie C?), I dunno... those are the only ones I can think of where the love story doesn't drive the entire plot.

Josh said...

Where is this job, again? I didn't quite get it the first time.

Josh said...

Try this for some info on wages; it's a nice site.

n l said...

The damage is done...now she thinks all I did in college was snort coke and sleep with prostitutes.

I told her that's what you did.