5.28.2007

f.u. f.u.

F U. so people are crazy over the xiaolongbao. people like clare. ew.

balls out. make a decision and stick with it, yes?

i'm calling the PI tomorrow to take the job. i've decided to work my classes around the job, instead of the extraneous materials around my classes. i'm calling her tomorrow morning to ask about taking classes simultaneously, how long i'd be obligated to work for her, relocation compensation, and on-the-job training.

said job would have me living somewhere in california.

i got an email from lizbian today. how thoughtful of her.

oh yeah. my cousins. do NOT know how to make xiaolongbao. they used too much flour to wrap each piece of meat. jesus christ! it was more like a steamed chicken bun than a soup-filled delicacy. there was no splattering of juices. no smattering of meat. just this thick empty shell. disgusting.

it's easier to learn the bad words in a language first than the more advanced ones. i know more bad words in cantonese/mandarin while my cousins understand all the curse words that they say on television or in the movies.

reviewing all my materials/procedures- immunoprecipitation, flow cytometry, western blot, dna/rna extraction, myeloid leukemia. oy. i've never really handled the mice in lab before.

my posts end up being longer than i think they're going to be. maybe it's the macbook? maybe it's the resizing of my window? anywho, i'm tired. bon soir.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You should look at something like salary.com to figure out salaries for your location/industry/experience. Umm... and yeah... you should definitely find out pay before accepting a job... >.>

Unknown said...

Hmm... I just skimmed down and I see you talking about 30-40k, so i guess I'm too late wiith that comment. But I don't have time to read all your posts at once.

Josh said...

No one really does.

Jing said...

mice are fun to handle... unless you're personally responsible for about 70-100 and have to inject them every day, twice a day, then it's a nightmare...

so you're doing immuno work in conjunction with cancer research i gather? i'll be doing flow cytometry too for the first time. i hope it's fun.

are you working with chronic myeloid leukemia? because i have a lot of papers on that topic if you are.