5.17.2007

food poisoning

new hit(s): [kingsport]

sure, those arranged marriages work, but you still have to factor in the tenets of their religion. maybe divorces are frowned upon just as in any arranged marriage in china. then again, this idea of avoiding divorce just to hold the family together is conjectured through my experience in my family when my aunt married a divorcee.

i told my parents about my post-bacc plans. surprisingly, things went well, although i don't think they understand the idea of a post-bacc education.

update: so i talk to my parents about my plans. eventually it trickles down to the entire family. after my parents called me again this morning, waking me up, my uncle calls me 10 minutes later to talk to me about what i want to do.

they would prefer that i do things at a "pretigious" academic institution such as rice, ucb, ucla, etc.

i should talk to my manager to let me out of the lease. apparently you can get a bad credit rating if you break the contract.

haha, yes, i can read. THANK YOU b-rice. i can also write. therefore i write your letter.

well. it's going to be a challenge now, isn't it? i basically have to rock the mcat. there's this odd formula floating around in post bacc forums about gpa*10 plus your mcat score. 70 gets you a great school, 65 good school, and 60 average school. even then, that's a pretty tiny margin. teetering is what i do.

the search continues.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Asian families kind of suck in this way...

Jing said...

hahaha...

i love your cynicism regarding anything in the romance department - it's kind of endearing and whether you like it or not, adds to your charm and appeal even more!