5.27.2007

honey marmalade

i don't know. 30-40k sounds like a teacher's salary, which is just about right. ask around? who exactly am i supposed to ask?

ok, so i've been doing a little research, and this title and pay plan thing is confusing. each job title has some number of steps, which are essentially increments in salary. ok, so here it goes: the staff research associate I has a step 1 of 33,600 and goes up to step 9 with 40,000. a change from about 16 to 19 dollars a month. the staff research associate II position that the lady's calling me about has a step 1 of 36,500 to a step 25 of about 58,750 per year. should i be bargaining around 34 to 37k then?

i was rummaging around my stuff, and i happened to find the love songs cd that drab gave me. i thought i had lost it, or i had hoped that it would have been lost or broken. oh well.

what else did i find? all the mcat review books. haha, seems like i had all of them all along. if you want them nants, i have all of them. the kaplan ones, the princeton review ones, the examkrackers. and their respective workbooks.

my aunt tells me to take the job. if it's full-time, it'll conflict with two classes that i want to take during the summer. that's the part of my application that i need to work on- the grades moreso than experience. but still. like most of my actions, i'll probably decide on the fly. tomorrow. we'll see how the phone call goes.

my cousin wants a job where she does blueprints. is there any occupation involving that? besides architecture? i helped my cousins set up their laptops. the gadgets/widgets, the chinese keyboard input, the purchase. ugh.

i'm making xiaolongbao with them tomorrow. so juicy. so filthy. filthy gorgeous.

2 comments:

Jing said...

http://www.houstonpress.com/2007-05-24/dining/fu-fu-cafe/

Bryce said...

where would said job have you livin'?