5.21.2007

homeward bound

the weather's cool. still rainy. but 79 degrees. and dark. that's what i like.

the phone rings. recently it's just been my uncles asking me what my plans are this summer, and their attempts to squash any/all of my goals.

my brother's more understanding than any/all of them. his usual responses when we lived together in high school usually can be summed up in one line: "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

packing, unpacking, repacking. my parents don't want me buying any more kitchen materials for a while. they don't even use half of the stuff in the restaurant that's packed away in my boxes. shipping boxes would be much more convenient.

i feel displaced. everything that was once in my apartment is now packed in the house. once again i'm trapped.

i read two chapters of better last night. one chapter was about washing hands. the other was about world health and vaccinations. more current since it was published this year whereas complications was published around 2002. cleansing the world of polio. have we gotten any closer than a century ago? the government throughout the century has endorsed/spent millions/billions on efforts to wipe out pandemic (endemic?) bacterial/viral infections throughout the world. most of these attemps have failed. hookworm by rockefeller- early 1900s. yellow fever by rockefeller in the 1930s. malaria in the 1950s/60s.

i finally figured out/had time to figure out that i could add a links list to my blog, which solves all my problems of reading other people's blogs maybe. highlight of my day. well, season finale of heroes.

i'm home.

3 comments:

Clarence said...

It's 70 degrees, sunny, and perfect here in California.

The weather report says that it's going to be the same for the next seven days.

Are you going to come out here yet???

Josh said...

Been awhile since I've seen a Clarence on the Blogger.

Josh said...

Hi!