6.06.2008

bay chef

Favorite things to eat as a kid: I would grab a Kraft singles slice, then grab a slice of those square-shaped Oscar Meyer luncheon meats, most likely the ham with the tiny cheese inserts. I'd place the meat first onto the plate, then place the cheese, centered, on top of the meat. After that, I roll it up into a cigarette-like figure before eating it.

3rd grade: The year when my class won the track meet at the end of the school year. The only year, I think, that my class would win the track meet. I think my job in the race was to hop in a potato sack. This teacher I would remember mainly for being Czech, since she always talked about going to West Fest, and that she was pear-shaped. She brought up that idea in class about how women are two types of bodies- they either become pears or apples. I figured she was a pear since she was more bottom-heavy.

This was also the first year I started wearing glasses; I still blame it on reading too many books and staring directly at the sun while in the car. I still have them, my biggest mistake: these huge eyeglasses with 2x2 sq. in. lenses, and a plastic frame set that were probably designed to be worn by grannies. If people had seen this picture instead of the one people saw at the restaurant serving the wine senior year... OH it would have been so much more embarrassing.

Talked to this neuro PI yesterday. Surprised again by how nice and responsive he was. Nice research, offered shadowing opportunities, talked about the application process, selection criteria, some nice restaurant down by Ocean Beach. He had nice hair as well.

Sometimes I do have the intention of writing something with the goal of making the reader literally burst out laughing. No idea how many times it's successful.

This nice thing is tedious. Expect a darker narrative next time. Possible topics involve theft, infidelity, death, disappointment, the usual.

No comments: