6.01.2008

singularity

Supposedly isolation from social situations can be life-shortening. Good relationships may act like a vitamin for your body. Everything's out to get me...

6 A's for the semester?! OH!!! I was expecting two A-'s! I could eat a cow right now! I'll settle for strawberries, grapes, and a nectarine instead.

Next street to conquer: Fillmore, or Clement, or Geary. Most likely Fillmore, since my volunteer place involves me going up that street.

I got to Cal Pac early, so I sat down in the waiting area where the relatives watch soap operas on TV, and old issues of the New Yorker lie around the tables (although they're up to date with magazines like Details...).

While I was waiting, I read Oliver Sacks' book (The Guy Who Mistook his Wife for a Hat), and in one chapter it was talking about how he administered L-Dopa to some patients, whose memories were reactivated. He claims that some memories just remain dormant and require the right trigger to bring them back to the surface. As I was reading this, the memory of the album cover that Drab gave me senior year sprang up. Just thinking about the two irregularly cropped heads facing each other flooded my face with embarrassment.

Transport training at the hospital- four hours of walking all over the place. BORING. Although...

I saw an Asian lady throwing up constantly in the Emergency Department, almost caught sight of old white man ass but managed to turn away at the last minute, found the location where the workers took smoke breaks, and rode in a stranger's car because he wanted to repark it and not get towed.

There's more, but I'm hungry.

No comments: