6.20.2008

losing face

Is 8 Immortals really that good?? Every time I look outside my window, people are standing outside waiting to get a table, or cars are stopped outside the restaurant, essentially blocking off one of the two lanes to get to the highway.

I couldn't fall asleep last night- the asshole Russian above me apparently likes to move furniture at 4/5 in the morning.

Free music concerts in the summer... hopefully it'll be cooler by the weekend.

Mixed feelings about the Olympics in China. Very worried about how things will turn out. Not sure if I should be proud of my own heritage which aspires to be the best but leaves their own people with nothing afterward. Even if they win gold, the athletes have no marketable skills to get employment after quitting sports. Trends have shown that the hosting country usually wins the most gold medals in that summer. Maybe the pressure of losing face will be too much.

As for me, I find myself losing clothes- SO HOT in SF right now. Atypical weather... I feel like I'm back in Houston again. The only thing I've done today since coming back from class in Berkeley and talking to the black girl classmate was eat, watch a movie, undress, and lay in my boxer briefs in bed.

New food venture: buckwheat and yam soba!

No comments: