9.12.2008

acadian

On the outside I'm composed. On the inside I'm screaming.

Already told Janey all the details about my visit with the PI, too tired to write it down. Suffice to say, it was... good, supportive, ambitious. The only thing that ruined it for me was seeing some ad tacked onto the wall in the lab that had Drabley written on it. Drab also means prostitute.

SfN! Registered for the dance class on the first day. The one advantage of friends having boyfriends is that when I lay over in their town, I have a bed to myself. Hmm, it might be awkward though if her roommate isn't warned ahead of time. Ugh, does that mean I have to interact with her roommate?

Well, I guess I've gotten used to, or am able/willing to engage in, small talk. Sure it's pointless, but I guess humans enjoy this social bonding. I made friends with 2 black girls so far at that school. Thursday, I met this lovely lady named Tyra. And then in my molecular genetics I was chat chat chatting away with the people in my discussion group about earthquakes, LA, and Asian food in east LA.

It's tiring, to say the least.

RESEARCH!!! I'd rather be married to my research than date. Research > relationships.

Feeling competitive lately, so new goal to tack on: get a publication before Drab does during grad school.

Tired! Night! Maybe.

No comments: