9.28.2008

pilchard

This one girl was sleeping on the bus with her head tilted back, mouth agape for most of the ride down 19th. There's always this desire to stick things in open mouths. No wonder people get in trouble for that.

Another meeting with my PI. I get to learn dissections next week! MMM!

Although, during one point in the meeting, I was asking him about an unfamiliar scientific term on one paper, and asked if it were just a typo. He confirmed that it was, and I proceeded to ask him whether it was the magazine editor's fault. He said that it was the author him/herself. Problem is, I found two typos on his manuscript, which I don't know if it's been sent out yet, and after going through that conversation, I have no idea if I should bring up the errors on his paper. Oy.

I've also been reading some guy's advice on research, and one of the topics is collaborations. Quote: "Enter a collaboration because of a shared passion for the science..." One subheading was being honest and open, another one communication, and another respect. This is starting to sound like a relationship, in which I am always, in economics terms, risk-averse.

No comments: