9.27.2008

noise rock

Noise rock, or just noise?

SO... I don't know why I was expecting anything different. Clare invited me to some concert next weekend, so I was thinking, hey maybe people have caught on by now that I'm a fan of 80s-esque music. But no. BALI are planning to see Deerhoof next week, so I decided to YouTube one of their songs,"The Perfect Me," to see how they actually sounded.

HAHA! Oh dear. When Clare wrote "experimental, peculiar band," that was really a euphemism for hipster music. I'm getting the feeling that if I just stand there at the concert to try to listen to their music, Clare's just going to be fielding me questions during the oncert about why I'm not having fun, which might not be the case- it could be that I'm just listening to undanceable music. Maybe hopscotch would be more appropriate, as evidenced by the Japanese singer's performance in one video.

Sometimes it's interesting to see actors actually be serious about, well, acting. Sometimes.

The leaves from the purple flowers are falling to the ground on campus. Is it already time for Autumn?

No comments: