9.19.2008

BrdU

Oh yeah, another thing about that bus ride. Nothing makes one feel more fat than having to ride on a bus down a bumpy road for 20 blocks while your love handles jiggle all the way to your destination.

Finally finished my bucket of fried chicken. Read in the news about some Japanese fellow who turned 113 recently, and he subsisted on a diet of vegetables. I wouldn't mind seeing how the world changes over a century, but what if I had to live through a third world war? Or just find out that cancer was never cured?

Hmm, I guess the point was whether or not I should seriously try again to go vegetarian. That would mean having to get my protein from either shakes, tofu, or beans. And I've tried those tofu chicken wings before- no. Definitely does not taste like chicken.

In any case, I think I'll start drinking tea instead of water whenever I'm at my apartment. Tea is much more tolerable than coffee, to me at least. But then I started reading these tea guides on the internet, saying that different types of teas need to be steeped for different time intervals, some even requiring lukewarm water instead of the standard boiling pot. Suppose a good starter set would be the popular green, black, oolong, and pu-er.

I also thought that I might be open to the idea of relationships again, but standing on the bus today behind this Asian couple, who looked about as old as the Chinese women's gymnastics team, holding each other with their tiny ineffectual hands and making out, made me vomit in my mouth just a little.

Dreamed about Kaiser last night. We were eating together at a KFC/Taco Bell restaurant, of all places, and when we got up to pay at the counter, she wouldn't let me cover her part.

No comments: