9.01.2008

entomology

Starting classes... already getting that feeling where it could be easier to just quit. But then it would be like college all over again. It's probably just a reaction to the pain of registering for classes.

Running out of leftovers. Which means I'll have to start cooking again. One of the benefits of having parents stay over. On the downside, on my dinner plate every night is a reenactment of the Race of the Red Queen. The more I eat and finish off my plate, the more food my parents pile on, my plate never emptying.

I couldn't sleep last night until 2 or 3- like the time when you're about to set off on your first day of school. Except it's the second week already. I was also thinking about how my plans are ultimately leading me into developmental neuro research, which is similar to, if not exactly, the kind of research Drab is doing, and I couldn't stop shrieking. The good news is that Drab only goes to Mission Bay now, which keeps our division of east/west SF intact. The only problem is his sunlight encroaching on my side of town. UGH so sweaty in my jeans!

Restoration ecology, animal physiology, virology, molecular genetics, microbial physiology, possibly immuno. They also have a class similar to Bios310, so maybe I'll be able to apply UCSF research towards that, kill 2 birds w/ one stone. Problem with that is I need to contact my neurosurgeon, and then find a mentor on campus whose research is related to that. Ugh, classes. I was looking at the curriculum for UCSF's school of medicine, and it seems like all the science classes I've ever taken over these 4 years, they pile it all into 1. So I kind of have an idea how the first years might be challenging for med students. Time to freak out?

Don't even have time to criticize the dinners I have with Drab on my blog anymore. Taking 18 or 19 credits this semester, just like spring of senior year. Hopefully it'll be all A's this time around. Can't think about anything besides science or medicine, so I'll stop writing.

Oh, this old Chinese man fell down on the sidewalk today. And the black bus driver lady was talking loudly in a friendly manner to this kid who was smoking before he got on the bus. She was saying things like,"Smoking's gon' KILL you!" or,"Stop smoking son, you gon' have a shorter life!"

Making cornbread tonight! Need something to feed upon while in class, since I can't eat meals at my usual times.

No comments: