10.14.2008

fanboys

Hmm, news. What's up this time. Staying in lab until 7:30, then having to take an AWKWARD car ride back to my place because my PI offered me a ride. UGHHHH!!!! Why do these moments have to happen to me?!

Although he is helping me get in contact with people on the steering/admission committee of certain schools.

And my other coworker is going to let me go scrub in the OR sometime tomorrow! Not only that, but she's also inviting me to go to some county hospital with her and maybe get to work on some patients!

Hmm, what else. OH, I might be the first in my lab group to generate tons of data. AHHHH!!!! I think I'm just relieved because I'm finally doing something right in lab. Pretty quick turnaround, 1 week. The downside is that I'm SO exhausted and behind on homework.

Some blonde guy was shaking his hair in the desk in front of me during class. I covered my coffee cup so that his dandruff wouldn't land in my drink. Yet I still can't used to the taste of coffee.

Interesting story from the same class. My professor's uncle had failed his driving test so many times because he had such poor reflexes; he could never stop in time when the tester yelled, "Stop!" Supposedly back in the 40s or 50s in Minnesota, part of the driving test assessed your reflexes through that "quick stop." This guy never stopped in time when prompted by the examiner. Yet he was able to get his driver's license finally. What he did was put his TV in the car before the exam, and when asked to quick stop, he told the examiner that he couldn't because his TV might break if he stopped so suddenly.

Punk music: an attempt to make whining sound good.

No comments: